Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

BS"D

THE ECHO OF THE BIG BANG

I made a neder (a vow) at Pesach (Passover) to write this Sefer Torah in silence. No music, no talk radio, no chatting. I hadn't been indulging in any of this while writing previously, but I made the neder to keep me highly conscious of avoiding sound that may distract me. I learned from this how rare true silence is. How one could calm all manner of vibration within one's home, workspace - even heart or mind - & still the noise pours in from everywhere. We are surrounded by noisy entities, be they people, cars, animals, wind...

...so how do I write in silence? Ear plugs didn't work - they just served to isolate the more acute sounds I was needing to separate myself from. So I tried white noise. An AM radio set to no station. It's sound, but as amorphous as silence & blocks discernable noises from my ears.

& then I got to thinking. If I'm going to surround myself with a vibrational field, why not one of distinct origin, one with a clear connexion to G@d, one that will not only allow my total focus on this Work, but one that fills me with awe? So it seemed obvious. I needed to listen to the Cosmos.

http://faculty.washington.edu/jcramer/BigBang/BBSnd500.wav

I found this link with the help of an astrophysicist friend (todah rabah, Evgenya) & now write envelopped in the vibration of Creation itself.
Fitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google