Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

BS"D

OLD GHOSTS

Monday August 9th
Pizza with Bena & Gustavo at their place was terrific last night. It had been a year since I'd seen them & it was so great to catch up & share their space, even briefly. They're so wonderful, I wish we lived closer. I'd love to explore Bena's Halifax.
I'm so grateful to Dave for the use of his apartment.
Napping on a real bed was *heaven*.
Doing laundry was equally as pleasurable, in its Zen way.
I have begun "Rereading the Rabbis" by Dr Judith Hauptman.
I wrote & wrote. All the driving gave my arm a rest from the pain of work, but it's starting to return. I set up my laptop outside on the spacious patio & hunt for wireless internet hubs. As I scan, I notice the flies. Nasty, brutish New York Flies. GIANT FLIES with grey racing stripes rubbing their greedy paws.
In the evening I went out to explore the neighborhood, scope out kosher food, etc, & just get oriented. My body has missed the exercise. The sharp popping & cracking sounds of Joel walking on stray bubble wrap startle me to tears after my experience in Israel left me fearful. Still more PTSD to deal with after all :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google