Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Sunday, March 27, 2005

SOMETHING IS ROTTEN IN DENMARK

BS"D


Does it bother anybody else that there are Google ads with Christian content on some of the pages at Jewish Encyclopedia.com?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I tried repeatedly to get it to show up (reloaded the page a few dozen times) and the strangest thing I got was an ad for a "Bearing Witness at Auschwitz Birkenau" conference thing by what looked like a weird self proclaimed Zen? group. Were they what you were referring to, and if so do you happen to know if they're a missionary group or some such? Flipping through their website left me no wiser as to what they were. In any case, I didn't see anything else, though its possible it just decided not to load for me. Dumb luck of it not generating the right random # and all that. Still, might be worth reporting it if we can get a screenshot of the ad or something.

Oh, and I also saw ads for Aish, AskMoses, multiple jewish book stores, and of course, the usual array of family history and anti spyware ads.

9:45 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

BS"D
Well, the ads rotate, so maybe what I saw was just a fluke, but still, I did see specifically Christian ads when I was researching the Duran rabbinic dynasty. I had a terrible time trying to get Google Adsense to only put Jewish ads on my site, but they wouldn't block them. I went to the painstakingly slow process of collecting each URL from Christian ads which appeared on my blog & listed them individually in my filter. Then a week or so later, after all that work, they all mysteriously disappeared. They didn't offer me any explanation or recourse. So I just wrote the disclaimer message in the blue bar below the ads.

11:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google