Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Friday, July 29, 2005

EMPATHY

בס"ד


Tamuz 22

The more I learn about intercession, the more I wonder whether I am truly ready for it. Perhaps I should just stick to my amulet practice...

Currently, when someone approaches me to write them an amulet, I sit with them privately (the door is cracked open when I sit alone with a man, & I have my husband's permission for this) in a neutral space. I spend time emptying myself before I meet with them so I can be my most receptive & so that I catch all the subtle things they show me unconsciously. They tell me what they (or whomever they are here for) need, or must separate from. When they are finished, I take out my quill & parchment & write what comes to me. Often it is a series of angel names, or names of G@d which are not prohibited from this use. Sometimes I don't even fully understand what I write. I just know that these are the letters which this person is meant to have with them. I surrender.

I also do not charge for this service. I simply ask that they bring with them a receipt showing they have made a donation to charity. We must keep the flow going, after all, mustn't we?

Toady's fourth & final class included looking at more intercessors in TaNaKH: Yehoshua (Joshua), Kaleb, & Elazar ben Aharon as well as those from other sources such as Choni the circe-maker. Granted, this last Melitz Yosher employed more than just prayer - he used sympathetic magic as well. But HaShem seems to have approved of his actions, otherwise we woudn't have so many stories of his "spell-casting" having happy endings.

We also learned of Sama'el, who attempts to block prayers for mercy & how sometimes the angels fight over who gets to bring a particular prayer to G@d, so it takes some time to get through...
...very amusing, methinks.

The time at which one attempts to intercede is of great importance. Friday beyn hashmashot, between the mincha & maariv prayers, is a miraculous time to tap into intercession/healing.

It's also very important to negotiate. "You are not a channel! You fight!" said our teacher. "G@d wants us to upset the system. Be anti-fatalist. Bargain. Ask for the best for the person or situation you are trying to help. Get clarity. Daven for everybody's teshuvah (repentence). Everthing in the future is negotiable. You don't have to take what you're given, even from G@d. You can upgrade."

Ameyn selah to that.
:D
& Shabbat Shalom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google