Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

KOSHER SEX IS XXX

בס"ד


I've finally started reading R' Shmuley Boteach's book, on my 11-month wedding anniversary. Trying to find the connexion between the Torah of intimate human relationship & the Torah of intimate sofrut relationship. :)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where does one come by a set of the pasuq cards? That's a beautiful minhag and I'd like very much to have such cards.

3:11 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So d'you think it's permitted to read his book in the same room as a sefer Torah? :)

5:00 p.m.  
Blogger CJ Srullowitz said...

Just keep in mind that Rabbi Boteach's positions are not, lulei demistafina, accepted by all.

7:14 p.m.  
Blogger Evenewra said...

Hey, did you know I'm going to be living in R' Boteach's neighborhood?

9:50 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Arafel - the pasuq cards can be obtained from my Rabbi, Schachar Orenstein, who makes them. His e-mail is rabbi@shaareytefilah.com

Jen - um...yes?
(shrugs)

Cloojew - "positions"? :)

Evenewra - no, I had no clue...will you be stalking the good rabbi? Do keep me posted!
;+>

7:31 p.m.  
Blogger CJ Srullowitz said...

hahahahaha

I didn't even catch that one!

good call

11:23 a.m.  
Blogger Peter said...

'Positions' I leave to you all. I like Buffy Sainte Marie's idea that the Spirit (which i would read as G@d) delights in our intimacy, rejoices in every "I love you." Maybe the Torah of Intimacy for the Soferet and spouse is written on the scroll of your lives together, and becomes one of the books forbidden to the rest of us. :)

On a very tangential matter, I am still troubled by Rabbi Boteach's comments on his relationship with Michael Jackson a few years ago. My chaplain wife observed that Rabbi Boteach was in fact breaching client confidentiality in the process. I confess that this throws doubt for me on whatever the Rabbi has to say on any topic.

1:26 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"conneXion"? Is that Canadian? I used to use "conneCTion".

4:11 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Peter - thank you for that very sweet thought!
:)
& I agree with you about clergy confidentiality...unless someone says they're going to commit a crime, etc, there has to be some modicum of privacy.

anon - "connexion" is Commonwealthian, that is, commonly used among the Commonwealth & former Commonwealth peoples, including Britain, Canada, India, Pakistan, Australia, Hong Kong...you get the idea.

4:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google