Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Monday, July 04, 2005

SLEEPLESS IN VANCOUVER

בס"ד

Was up chatting with my fine Jerusalemite friend Gilan on ICQ in the wee hours this morning. I have discovered some motzey shem ra (lies) being told about me, so was unable to sleep & am currently seeking the advice of those wiser than I in how to deal with it, if at all...
...may the souls doing this harm find peace within themselves. Ameyn.

During our IM-session, Gilan turned me onto this.
The mind boggles...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Soferet:

I have read with interest some of your blog, and put a link to it in my Renewal women's havurah's latest email newsletter, so they could see your wonderful pioneeing work and struggles.

As a women's havurah, we're big fans of people like yourself.

Regarding the lies told about you -- it happens to all assertive, pioneering women.

In bad situations, I tell the truth as calmly as possible to as many people as I can reach, and I also recite Psalms of protection every day, asking that the situation be fixed, until the situation evaporates or is corrected.

You are considerably more learned than I, so you are doubtless already aware of this remedy.

I will chant a Psalm for you after I get offline.

All blessings on your historic and pioneering work,

Robin Margolis
Beth Shekinah
Washington, D.C.

9:23 a.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Robin, todah rabah for your sympathetic words & for your helpful advice. I gratefully accept your chanting a tehilah on my behalf & pray G@d grants me the strength to deal with this situation in a Halakhically-pleasing manner.

10:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some day you'll be able to look back on all this and laugh at the absurd things people were saying. At least, I hope so. Good luck.

3:56 a.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
I believe in a G@d who rewards & punishes, so even if I never find a way to express my hurt about this to the perpetrator/s, G@d'll get 'em ;+>

9:45 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Soferet:

I am pleased that my thoughts were of use to you :)

I will chant one more tehillim for you.

I do not know about praying that G!d will guide you to react in a halachically correct manner, am much closer to the Kabbalah myself, rather than Halachah ---

But if the Psalms are any guide, you don't have to think nicely about these people who have lied about you :)

Very cordially,
Robin Margolis
Beth Shekinah
Washington, D.C.

11:06 a.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Once again, I humbly accept your Heavenly entreaty, Robin.
With deep gratitude,
Aviel

11:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google