Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Monday, August 08, 2005

THE TORAH OF COMIX

בס"ד


3 Av

DSC04496

I Wrote more Megilah today :D
(note large letter Chet in the name "Choor")
Obviously, the illustration is still in process, as I am "building" it. Stay posted for more pictures as the art unfolds.

We mostly took it easy, generally sorted out our lives. Processed Kallah & Elat Chayyim.

Later we went out to dinner with Michael & Becca & Maggie to a funky hekashered veggie restaurant next to Yale. There were other frumelehs inside & everyone on the staff had dreds :)
Becca is amazing & occasionally comments on this blog. Michael is also, particuarly because of his COMIC ART here, here, & he gave Joel & I a copy of "Satisfactory Comics No. 6" featured here!

We just generally talked Torah & caught up on the last year with each other. & a good time was had by all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snap! I wrote Megillah too! I've been playing taggin jokes, so "etz" has leaf taggin, and one of the "eynav"s has bug-eyes on the ends of the taggin instead of dots. I'm toying with the idea of making a gallows on "yitlu" when they hang Haman...In between that and lettering this crazy kabbalistic Torah, it's been quite a creative week.

6:25 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Snap! (*grin*)
You're so funny (as in you have a good sense of humour) - I haven't played Snap in ages.
So you also worked on a Megilah that day? Tell me more about these embellishments you're making on both it & the Torah you're fixing...

8:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google