Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

MMMMMMM SWEET JERUSALEM

בס"ד
26 Adar


It's official: I'm heading to Yerushalayim!

For all you Jew-bloggers in The Land, e-mail me if you want to meet up...

Barukh Ha-Shem, barukh Yah!
Barukh Atah Ad@nai, El@heynu melekh ha-olam, ha-tov ve-ha-meytiv.
Blessed are You, my Lord, our G@d, ruler over time & space, Who is good & does good.




Technorati tags: , , , ,, , , , , .

10 Comments:

Blogger Evenewra said...

Wow!
When!
For how long?

4:09 a.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Yes - double wow because I have been invited to teach at Pardes :D:D:D, B"H!
Late late in the summer...details to follow.

12:28 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Oops, I was so excited that I forgot to post the link!
Sorry!

12:30 p.m.  
Blogger Avrum68 said...

Lucky...lucky.

I've heard great things about Pardes. And seeing that they've invited you to teach, I understand why.

5:39 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
You say the sweetest things, Av...you make me blush :}
Why aren't we neighbours anymore?

12:47 a.m.  
Blogger Talmida said...

Congratulations!

6:56 a.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Thanks, Talmida! G@d willing I will go for the good & only spread & receive good while I'm there.

8:11 a.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Thanks for the congrats - vm isn't full anymore :}

8:10 p.m.  
Blogger Regina said...

I know I'm late on this, Aviel, but this is such great news for you! I only wish you many blessings from this trip!

8:17 p.m.  
Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Very sweet of you to say so, Regina. Thanks :)

9:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google