Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

COMING OUT

בס"ד
23 Iyyar


I've kept this under wraps for a month, but now it's time to go public. Since 2003 I've enjoyed being the only certified soferet, & now I feel ready to open it up to other women. I just needed some time to grow & gain experience before I was ripe to share my good fortune, B"H, with others. So now, with a little help from Jordy (& others), I unveil my Magnum Opus.
Shavu'ah tov.

ps - please be kind - it's still under construction, so be patient with my errors & spelling mistakes :)




Technorati tags: , , , , ,, , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

8 Comments:

Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Hi, Emily!
I hope it's incredible. At least, I hope it leads to incredibly good things for an incredible number of people :)

11:58 a.m.  
Blogger Maggid Sarah said...

BS"D

How could it not? EH?

Mazal Tov!

2:21 a.m.  
Blogger Maggid Sarah said...

BS"D

Comment moderation? Has that become necessary? Curious...

2:22 a.m.  
Blogger Regina said...

I know I am so late on this, Aviel, but a most heartfelt congratulations! This is wonderful news for you and for all women! It really is time for women now, isn't it? Time for women to reclaim themselves for the spiritual revolution of the world- thank you so much for being a part of that!

5:27 a.m.  
Blogger Regina said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:30 a.m.  
Blogger Regina said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:32 a.m.  
Blogger alto artist said...

Mazal tov!
--aa.

11:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you even got a mention on Jewschool!

12:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google