Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Friday, June 23, 2006

SITUATION IS CRITICAL

בס"ד
27 Sivan


Sorry - couldn't resisit using this line from an old Platinum Blonde tune for the post title.
Erev Shabbes, late afternoon, so not much time to make a quick post of the update-kind...

1) Mum still can't see out of the eye they operated on, so please keep your good vibes coming.

2) After looking after Mum & then attending to a Torah emergency in Oregon, I found that on my return home yesterday that neither the phone nor the e-mail had been working. Have since served sharp words with salt over ice to offending parties. Phone is online, internet is not (I'm at a coffee house right now).

3) Poor old computer is so overworked that it decided to return to all the default preferences on my software & forget my passwords, including for Mail. & I can't access my e-mail online because the only place I'd saved said passwords was in Mail. My bad. Once internet is online at home, must track down server-dude to help restore Mail access. I shudder to think of all the e-mails that will be angrily staring at me from my inbox once this is rectified, & how much business I will have lost from this mysterious communications glitch. G@d is chuckling.

4) Note to self: check planetary alignment.

5) There are profoundly holy Yidden in Portland who I would do well to emulate. Maybe then I would take myself a little less seriously, please G@d...

Blessings for a beautiful Shabbes Qodesh to you.
ps - look for the large letter Samekh in "va-yahaS" (stilled) Numbers 13:31 & large letter Yud beginning "Yigdal-na" (be great, please) in Numbers 14:17 of this week's parsha. You'll only find the first large letter if you're using a Chasidic Sefer, but the second large letter is universally found in all Sifrei.




Technorati tags: , , , , ,, , , , , , , , , , , , , .

5 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Keep on truckin', Avielah!

4:55 a.m.  
Blogger Maggid Sarah said...

BS"D

Hi Avielah, shalom shalom. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is having such difficulties with her healing and will keep her in my prayers. I'm sorry also that we missed this opportunity to connect in person, but it so, so understandable-- we will just have to try try again! As for your poor overworked computer-- contact me when you return from yerushalayim (or before if you like) and let us see about upgrading your system, eh? We need you technologically functioning in the world! (seriously)
Love to you friend, Blessings!

p.s. my new website is up and running--yeah!
www.wildernessmaggid.com

11:10 p.m.  
Blogger Maggid Sarah said...

BS"D

Hi Avielah, shalom shalom. I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is having difficulties with her healing. I will keep her in my prayers. Also sorry that we missed this opportunity to connect in person, but it is so, so, understandable-- we will just have to try again. As for your poor overworked computer, contact me after you return from yerushalayim (or before) and let us see about upgrading your system-- we need you technologically functional in the world! (part of my plot to empower the chevre with the technology needed to do our work)

Love to you friend, Blessings!

p.s. yeah! my new website, while lacking real content (yet) is up and running:
www.wildernessmaggid.com

11:16 p.m.  
Blogger Maggid Sarah said...

BS"D

Blogger is being infuriating tonight!!!!! Apologies if messages are showing up double.

11:17 p.m.  
Blogger Regina said...

Hope mum is doing better- will keep her in my prayers. And hope your computer can get its bugs worked out, too! It does seem sometimes that everything is arrayed against us but thank goodness everything changes and hopefully for the better.

10:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google