Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Friday, July 28, 2006

HARD LESSONS TO LEARN

BS"D
Av 2


I'm very upset with the leader of my country.
Stephen Harper deserves a bonk on the head for his media-hound antics over evacuating Canadians from Lebanon. This isn't about you, Mister Prime Minister, this is about your citizens who require your assistance. If you do your job & take care of your people, the fame & the glory you seek will find you. You will earn the majority government you lust after. But if you micro-manage everything into a photo op, you'll slow the evacuation down. If you arrange it so that you magically appear in your private jet to save a few Canadians personally, rather than use our country's resources to the fullest, you will leave people waiting in harm's way. Don't you dare keep risking the lives of people you are responsible for. Here's the clumsy aftermath.

Meanwhile, a jihad had been issued against the State of Israel, & terrorists are using UN ambulances to achieve their murderous missions.

& I am, by the grace of G@d, safe in Jerusalem.

Where I attended today's student & staff orientation at Pardes. I am so lucky to be here, now, thank G@d.

I hope I do a really great job in bringing the students what they're looking for in sofrut, so that they *heart* me there, B"H. I didn't have very many students sign up for my class, so I thought, "Oh, drek - I didn't pitch it well, now they're going to cancel it". & I was all, like, "Try to be Zen/Chassidic about this - even tho' Pardes is the 'only' reason why I came to Israel right now, maybe there's another secret reason that Ha-Shem has that's The Thing & you should just relax, Avielah."

But then, even tho' I have a tiny group (smallest ever, in my life), a few other students said they hadn't signed up yet & that they would later, & I spoke with R' David Levin-Kruss & he was SO not worried. R' Daniel Landes was happy to have me, too, so thank G@d. I also may have got a tutoring student out of this, so yay! Another soferet running around would be good!

Here's to women writing!
Shabbat shalom! May each Shabbat bring us closer to the end of this violence between Jews & Muslims.





Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

1 Comments:

Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Well, I believe that Israel has the right to defend herself, too, but did Harper come out & say this as Canadian Prime Minister stating the policy of our Conservative minority govenment, or did he say it because he's licking Bush's boots?

I think you're right, that it's probably the latter. Bad things happen to Canada whenever the PM takes direction from an American president (ie, NAFTA).

I'm walking the walk re safety, without it getting to me. Honestly, if I didn't catch the news each day, I would have no idea we were at war. Jerusalem's borders are heavily secured, barukh Ha-Shem, & may all of this come to a just peace soon. This situation is nauseating.

I'll try to post each day, but you know, you can always find me on AIM (avielahbarclay)...
:)

11:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google