Netivat Sofrut: diary of a Soferet

Adventures of a female sofer learning to heal the world by doing Holy Work...writing a Sefer Torah

נחזיר את השכינה למקומה בצייון ובתבל כלה

"Let us restore the Divine In-Dwelling to Her Place in Zion & infuse Her spirit throughout the whole inhabited world."

So wherever we are, let us bring the Peace of G@d's Presence.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver/London, British Columbia/UK, Canada

SCRIBAL EVANGELIST As the only living certified Soferet (סופרת - female Jewish ritual scribe) & the first woman to practice sofrut (creation of sacred Hebrew texts) in over 200 years, I feel an obligation to blog about my experiences of The Work. I am also currently researching the foundation of a lost tradtion of women practicing this holy craft. For more on the services I provide, please see Soferet.com; Sofrut Nation. I am now available to engage with students, male or female, wishing to enter into the preliminary stage of learning sofrut. You are welcome to join me on this path. "Tzedeq, tzedeq tir'dof - Justice, justice you shall pursue." Devarim/Deuteronomy 16:20.

Friday, July 21, 2006

HOME SCHWEET HOME

בס"ד
25 Tamuz


So this is where I'll be living the next 5 weeks:

Soferet HQ, Jerusalem

On top is the Sofrut Tower, which receives signals from Jews in distress over their Torah emergencies. "I'll save you!" ;)

I have very sweet housemates, thank G@d, one a consultant & the other a police officer. Both women are in their mid/late 20's & are doing extra army service right now because of the war. A terrorist was caught with a 5 kilo bomb this week in downtown Jerusalem, before he had a chance to kill anyone, thank G@d.

I have a huge bedroom! Larger than the room I have at home. & I also have my very own little mirpeset (balcony) complete with bean-bag chairs. Apparently, I have landed in Shomayim (a.k.a. Heaven)

Each time I live in Jerusalem, I stay in a slightly different neighbourhood. & Just far away from my last neighbourhood, that I'm not quite sure where I am. But this is a good thing, because it gives me cause to get to intimately know the Holy City as a mosaic. I did some exploring, & this is what I found along a path near the apartment:

Femdom Forever - Girl Power!

I especially like how the "o" in "Femdom" is drawn like a shining sun...
&:

Every Woman is a Goddess

Ameyn.
You just never know what people will graffiti-ize.

My friend Cigal, who turns out to be my neighbour (yay!) & I hung out a bit this afternoon & caught up. Then we got ready for Shabbes with R' Ross & Emily Singer! I miss my rabbi & his wife so much, & they're moving to run a synagogue in Baltimore, so this will be a bittersweet Shabbes...

Shabbat Shleymut!




Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

1 Comments:

Blogger Soferet said...

בס"ד
Holla back, Dan! Thanks :D

I hear you. There were other scrawls along with these which called for men to be lowered, which is why they don't appear on this blog. I'm also in the equality camp, being a big fan of men in general & thinking they are a good idea :)

So...let's connect & find some peace-promoting, Jew-positive mischief to get into.

7:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hits Since March 2, 2005!
Free Counter by Pliner.Net
dating, lasik,

Google